What is Courier Insurance?

Motor insurance is required by law if you intend to use or leave your vehicle on a public highway. Courier insurance is required if you intend to carry goods for hire or reward.

There is sometimes confusion between courier insurance and haulage insurance.

Haulage policies are designed for companies that use their van to make a single drop load over a long distance. They are not intended for couriers (who make multiple drops). If found with the incorrect cover, your insurance may be invalid.

Cover can be arranged for all types of policyholders to include sole proprietors, courier business partnerships, courier companies where incorporated, charities and other organisations.

« Back to all news

Recent Posts